Monday, June 6, 2011

My Weekend


This is how much it takes to get a girl back in a dorm room. Funny, you'd think I know my room is 101 sq. feet I'd be glad to pack lightly...hahhaha...no this is the first load..I came back home for more...oh yeah.
This is me as a student again. Yep...student tickets and everything...I have my I.D. I'm ready!
Side note...right after this picture was taken...I decided to take one of just my I.D. Yeah, because I was SO happy....I posted it with my id number and everything online...not thinking...and also never looked at anything but the picture...after an hour lots of people alerted me to the fact my maiden name was on my i.d. and I not one time noticed...and after a good thinking I removed the picture...why would I want the world to know my I.D.---sometimes I don't think. Yesterday I had my name changed but they were able to keep the pic...it was a really cute picture.

This is my dorm room...all 101 square feet. It doesn't look like this anymore, I moved the bed around, added some lamps for better lighting, and of course brought in some art for the walls. It is much better now
Friday night after sweating it out on a tour of the campus at high noon, and then sprinting our things to move into the dorm in the 100 degree heat, we tidied up and went to a cook out at the home of Dr. Doug Davis. It was such a nice time and would have been even better had it not been 105 degrees, had we not hiked through over grown grass to see a garden. I have decided that golf carts for all three sweat-fests would have made life easier... A golf cart tour of campus would allowed us to sit and catch a small breeze. A golf cart assisted move in up the outdoor flight of stairs across the grassy field would have been more pleasant and also a golf cart path to the garden would have made me more attentive. SO yes, I had an ugly sweat three times Friday...and all were in front of others...those others were actually my new friends. Pictured above are my roomies for the summer. Once we finally cooled down and were able to chat over we were all in better moods.
These are some of the boys of our cohort. On Saturday morning we woke early to take part in the UM Challenge Course. It was a ropes obstacle course that creates opportunity for team building. It was HOT. I think I actually lost weight in the first weekend almost like I had been sent to fat camp or something. I am NOT outdoorsy ask Cullen, ask my students, ask anyone...I hate to sweat...but I really enjoyed the course. Yes, we were up close and personal, yes someone's sweat was on me...but I had a blast. The whole time I felt like I was on the Real World- Road Rules Challenge. I have some pretty hilarious video I am not sure how to upload but when I do...get ready...get your tissue beside you because I was so graceful it might bring tears to your eyes.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers