Thursday, January 3, 2013

36 Weeks Pregnant


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of baby:  Still big, but slowing…I no longer measure three weeks ahead…praise the LORD

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Yep still gaining.

Maternity Clothes: I have worn stretch black pants since getting out of school for the holiday, and most likely I will until baby boy appears.  I have managed to put on some non-maternity, but why bother dressing up on vacation.

Gender:  Still has the heart beat of a boy.

Movement:  He is moving an grooving, but his patterns have changed.  There is really no room for him to roll and flop like he once did, so he hiccups and kicks and does a great job of elbowing me at random times.

Sleep: I may have jinxed myself on the sleep lately.  I can still turn in with the chickens, but staying asleep is difficult.  I don’t wake to go to the bathroom or because I’m uncomfortable, I just wake up for the sake of being awake and when I do I feel like I have been asleep for hours…I have no sense of time.

What I miss: Thankfully the swelling is to a minimal.  I guess I still miss just being me.  I have also noticed that I am no longer able to hold in my opinions like I once was better at doing.  I have never been good at not being opinionated, but as of late, if someone or something irritates me…I’m going to let you know.  I need to pray about this one.

Cravings: I have not had any cravings still that have been notable, but I have eaten more junk food than normal.  It may be that I’ve nested and cooked so many meals I dodge fixing myself a real meal, but I definitely have enjoyed walking by and grazing on any snacks around the house.

Symptoms: I pray that labor comes soon, not because I’m uncomfortable, not because I’m over being pregnant, but because I’m tired of wearing Google out about any and every thing that might feel different daily.  I would be scared for anyone to check my Google history, they would surely wonder about my sanity.    

Best Moment this week: Seeing this sweet baby boy’s face one last time before delivering.  I will also tie that moment with the doctor telling me that I could have a baby in 2-4 weeks.  He finished by saying if I wanted I could go to February, but more than likely it will be much before that.   

Doctor this Week: So I went to the doctor on Monday before he left for London.  I have not progressed at all, so my hopes of the first New Year baby were dashed.  I will go back Monday to see another doctor while mine is out of the country and have my fingers crossed for progress.  And he gave me the okay to head to the bowl game on Saturday, let’s hope I don’t regret it.   

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers