Sunday, January 13, 2013

People Say the Darnedest Things

So apparently the sight of a pregnant woman makes people say the craziest things.  Now keep in mind I didn't tell many people I was pregnant until we revealed the gender at four and a half months, but in between that time and present day people have said the craziest things to me.

One of the first instances of me being shocked at what people say was at the end of August.  Pontotoc was having a tailgating event on the square and a lady approached me to tell me she had heard the news.  I smiled and nodded my head and she followed her congratulations by telling me that up until she heard the news, me not having kids was the biggest waste.  I was a bit offended because as many have known I was perfectly happy with my waste of a life pre-pregnancy.

Now Cullen has also said some really funny things and things I wanted to hit him for.  While in Boston this summer he kept saying...I just can't wait for you to get really big.  Now, that is something that I have never looked forward to nor am I excited about being.

Back in November as we sat in an awful restaurant he looked at me across the table and said...your little face is getting rounder.  Now with that said, I just looked at him smiled and said I know.  Really?

On Thursday, I found myself with an afternoon/early evening with a little time for myself.  It has been a long week filled with sadness and heartbreak for my friend who lost her brother this week, and so on a whim I called the day spa in Tupelo and ask if they had any openings.  And they had a prenatal massage opening and just before that a shellac manicure opening and just before that a pedicure appointment...so armed with Christmas gift cards I booked them and headed to Tupelo.  All of the services were wonderful and I will welcome anyone wanting to shower me with gift cards of the like in the future.  As I am checking out the sweet girl behind the counter asked when I was due.  I rattled off my standard well any day now, or about two weeks and she said...Yeah, cause you are BIG.  I wanted to come across the counter, I wanted to remind her she worked as a receptionist at a day spa and she needed to look up the word tact, I wanted to do all those things, but in my relaxed state I said yeah I know...it happens to you when you least expect it...I smiled and then left.  Good thing I was super relaxed.

Yesterday, at 38 weeks as I was hurrying in my own way to get ready to judge pageants in Grenada, he  looked at me and said...yeah your waddle is really funny.  Yes, I know the waddle I have worked hard to mask has become pronounced, but at 7 in the morning, I didn't expect him to call it to my attention.

There are several more things I'm sure my preggo brain has forgotten or I've chosen to strike from my mind about the baby's gender and size and future hopes and dreams, but these were a few I wanted to be reminded of in years to come.


No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers