Wednesday, January 23, 2013

If you fail to plan...

... you plan to fail.  These words you would think I would have forgotten by now, after I planned so much for a little girl, but  I stayed strong about a lot of ideas leading up to the labor and  delivery of Baby Boy.  
I had pretty much planned to the date and time of going into the hospital, I just prayed Dr. Young would go along with my plan.... thankfully he did.  In the hours after leaving the doctor before checking into the hospital I had several tasks that needed to be completed.  Including the last supper Cullen and I shared just before checking in.
First things first, I made 48 cupcakes for the visitors that would come to the hospital.  I baked, decorated, and packaged them just as I had planned.  Yes, many had laughed at me about this idea, but I thought it was a sweet thank you for those that came to visit.  
Next, while the cupcakes baked and cooled I made three casseroles, just to busy myself.
 Prior to finding out that I would for sure be induced I made and monogrammed a pillow case that would be super cute in pictures.  I brought a blanket that I thought would look better than the hospital grade blankets they provided.  I made sure these were both packed.  Along with those, I also had bought boxes of chocolate for my nurses.  Had I known just how much I would come to love them I think I could have done better than the chocolates.
I also, planned and scoured the internet for a cute hospital gown.  I bought this one from a company called Gownies, and even at the risk of it being ruined I still wore it, and from the pictures, now I'm glad I did.
 I also made sure to pack my straightener, curling iron, and makeup...which were great assets before the labor, but post labor...it was kinda not even a thought.
One big oops that I thought was the best idea before hand was to give myself a bit of color using some great self tanner....yeah, READ THIS: Self Tanner = EPIC FAIL.  It did provide me a lot of laughter though checking out the streaks and blotches.  
Some other details I planned for but were unused...my matching monogrammed pajamas, robe, and slippers.  Looking back I should have invested in another gownie.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You are too precious! Love your "Plans"! So sweet how you thought of everyone else in your special time!

caitlyn said...

Oh, Felicia! This is just too cute. When I have a baby, can I get you to do these same things for me? Becuase I'm pretty sure I will not be as organized as you! You seriously rock. And the cupcake idea??! How sweet is that!?! So cute!

The Jones Family said...

We are sisters that were separated at birth.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers