Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

It takes a village to put on a Thanksgiving Dinner at my house.  I would love to take full credit for hostessing and feeding 20 plus people this year, but alas it took a small army to pull it off.
I felt better prepared this year in some ways and in other ways I felt completely unorganized.  I love a to do list, and I didn't make a central list this year.  I usually have a list of those committed to attend and what they are bringing but not this year, I didn't sit down long enough to make that list.  Instead I had daily conversations with my mom and we checked and rechecked our daily to dos.
 Cullen helped iron the table cloths.  After the first quarter of ironing he was kinda over it, but stayed true and saw the task through.
 I decided on Tuesday that I would finally make the chair covers I had been meaning to do for the last year.  The above picture was taken before they were pressed.
 Cullen's parents came and helped with Jett.  
 Uncle Wayne came to help carve the turkey.  I bought a turkey from a school fundraiser and I feel sure I was given the wrong item.  The turkey I was given had bones in it...I don't eat meat from a bone so I don't buy meat on a bone.  I really could not even touch it.
 Mom looks cool as a cucumber, and to date this was the most smoothly a holiday has gone.
 Anna's husband had to work and her dad and his family weren't having Thanksgiving until Saturday, so I invited them over, and was so glad they came over.
 Even though we have a sit down dinner, with china, crystal and silver, we have not managed to come up with a better style of serving than buffet.  I am working on something for next year.  Mark my words.

 After lunch we had the Christmas card photo shoot.
 This little guy loves his Anna.  She is so good with him.  I tried twice this week to get her to help, but I forget what it must be like to have nothing to do on holidays and no one to wake you up.


One of my favorite pictures of the day is this one.  Here is four generations of Pollard men.  Uncle Bubba, aka Marvin Pollard.  Jimmy Pollard, Cullen's dad, Jett Boy, and Cullen.  
Again this year I am thankful for the family that came to celebrate with us and for the upcoming holiday season that holds are the new traditions.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers