Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thirty Isn't Old

 Thirty isn't old, unless you are hanging out with your much younger sister friend who happens to be a senior in college.  Then you feel really really old.  
 Meagan and her sweet mama gave me a ticket to the Justin Timberlake concert.  I knew in advance that I wasn't a spring chicken and made plans to take a personal day the day after the concert.  It was a good thing I did.  I was worn out.
 To date it was the first time I ever stayed up 24 hours without sleep.  I didn't feel all that terrible either.
The concert was great, the meal before was good, but the best part was being able to spend time and catch up with the sweet girl.  I thought about 9:30 I could have fallen asleep in the audience, but by the time we were in the car headed home, I was engrossed in conversation.
 We made it home about 3:15 and I was up with Jett at 5:30 and enjoyed a great day of sewing and cleaning.  To date I'm not sure I have taken a personal day, but to all fellow educators....do it, they are WONDERFUL.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Personal Days are wonderful! Love that feeling!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers