Friday, October 29, 2010

Have I ever I told y'all

I love Lawrence Welk. I have loved his television show since I was small. I am really a fan of the Mississippi Public Broadcasting Network. I grew up watching all those British comedies. But of all the shows I love the Lawrence Welk show the most. One of my favorite people on the show was Guy Hovis, as a little kid I didn't know his name just the cute man with the dark hair. I met him once in college and was able to have my picture with him in the Grove after he sang the National Anthem. I have that picture blown up to a 5x7 somewhere at my mom's house. But guess what...the one below was a much better picture and guess what....instead of blowing the pic up...I just blogged it so now it will be on display 24/7.
Yes, this is Mr. Hovis just after he sang at the Jimmy Weatherly dinner during our town Bodock Festival in August. I was a hostess for the dinner and was able to seat him and his wife and then chat with them a bit. While I'm not near as young as I was the first time....I love him still. This time I had the opportunity to ask him to sing me the Goodnight Song from the show...guess what....he opted not to do so...but at least I asked. :)

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers