Friday, October 29, 2010

Sacred Assembly

Our church has been preparing this month for a Sacred Assembly. In the book of Joel you can read about it and our pastor has been encouraging our church body to take part. Beginning this month we have been praying for the Lord to prepare our hearts. This week we have been fasting and praying for our specific needs, areas of weakness we would like for God to take from us, we are praying for our church that we would be receptive to God's will.
If you are interested in it, I'll give you all the details but that is just a recap.
Moving on the the fasting....okay so I had a really hard time pin pointing something to give up. I thought first about Diet Coke, next was sewing, next was cake decorating, next was sweets, and then I thought about Facebook, and back to all the other things. For about two weeks I went all over this list. I asked Cullen a gazillion times what he was gonna give up. His first reaction to fasting when I asked in the middle of church what he was gonna do...he said 'oh, was he talking about us?' Yeah he must have daydreaming....
But next he decided he would give up Diet Coke. I laughed. Cullen would never give those up.
I decided on Facebook. Why because it was gonna be easy and would allow time each day for me to pray for our needs and God's blessings...but not be ill from caffeine deprivation.
Almost finished with our week and Cullen said he has prayed a lot. Usually in the mornings and then....around two each day. I prayed when I missed Facebook stalking the most...in the mornings before I get out of bed...and then at night before I went to bed. I have been super excited all week about what God has in store and can't wait for Sunday to hear about everyone's fast and their week of prayer.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers