Friday, October 29, 2010

Us at 70


Leslie and I have been friends since fourth grade. Back then we dressed alike at least once a week. We wore a denim button down shirt with black leggings and our hair in pony tails with our glasses.
In college we took classes together, discussed our five year plan over and over again, and then lived them out---side by side. Some time in grad school I'm pretty sure it was not on her birthday I gave Les this card...the one with picture of the old folks laughing that says 'us at 70'. And since that time I always knew where it was. It was in the passenger side door of Leslie's car. Almost every time I would ride with her I would read it, laugh and put it back. Well, this year Les and I didn't celebrate my birthday until September and with out being as quick with the memory as me....Les handed me the card...yep same picture different words but still the same sentiment.
So here we are laughing and waiting for our seventies.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers