Sunday, October 31, 2010

HFH in Ohio




Last weekend I went to Ohio with my Aunt B. She is the director of our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate. Last May we worked quickly to write a grant to obtain money that State Farm had offered to teachers willing to teach students about service learning. Aunt B is quite the grant writer. So in a rush we wrote a grant that outlined how I would teach my students about service learning, and how we would raise money for our local Habitat affiliate. My students started a school wide can drive and have been graphing their can collecting since school started. We have big plans for the Spring and I have had fun watching the students learn just a bit about Habitat.
As part of the grant Aunt B and I were to attend a leadership conference. We chose the Ohio trip. I loved Columbus. Of course Ohio State was playing Purdue that weekend so red and black was everywhere but it was a fun and quick trip. I went through some great workshops and learned a lot about some upcoming events we are planning. Stay tuned because this ole gal may be going across the Atlantic next year.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers