Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ole Miss vs. Auburn




I have not been a very good Rebel this year. Working a Walk to Emmaus this fall took me away from two home games. Other obligations have taken me away from some others. Yesterday I made it to my second game. It may very well be my last game of the season. My Rebels are not doing so well, and I could make excuses, but I don't think it is worth it.

One of Cullen's groomsmen has just moved back to town from Florida. While I may have been around him all of three or four times I knew three things about him. 1) Bo loves Auburn 2) When Cullen talks about Bo he always mentions Auburn 3)Whenever 'War Eagle' is uttered Cullen will always say something about Bo or begin a story if we are in the company of his high school friends....

So guess who accompanied us to the Auburn game....Bo Tanner. Thank goodness he didn't wear the orange or a tiger shirt.
Cullen had to head to work when we got to Oxford so Bo was my Grove date. We went from tent to tent seeing different friends. Below is Cullen's sad face as we were scored on yet again by Auburn.
By the second quarter I was done with the game. I left and went back to the Grove and met up with Leslie. Yes, she was supposed to come with us but didn't leave her house until about two hours after we were in Oxford. I promise I could write a book about all the time I have spent waiting on this girl. And if I looked around long enough I could also put together one heck of a coffee table book filled with pictures that look just like the one above. How many games Leslie and I have sat in the Grove while die hard fans are cheering in the stadium and we have laughed and laughed while trying to get the perfect picture...we are still working on it...it was much easier when we were younger.

And finally us ready to go home. But we stayed until the bitter end. 0:00.
I'll say it though....I'd rather lose as a Rebel than win as a Dawg any day. Hotty Toddy!

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers