Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Field Trip

There are parts of teaching that I miss, parts I thought I would NEVER miss.  I could not wait for the day I was able to eat lunch with adults and not 20 students.  I daily miss sitting with my class, talking to students and getting know them a little better.  I don't miss field trips on a daily basis, but I do miss them from time to time.  We had a teacher out on the day of the first grade field trip, so I was able to go as an assistant teacher.  I have made no attempt to cover up my love my assistant teacher, Mrs. Bridget, I even posted a few years back that I cried wanting her to come back from an extended leave, because I missed her so much, she is my friend not just a teaching partner.  So to say she made my life easier is an under statement.  With the knowledge of everything she did to make my life easier on field trip day I set out to be the best I could be.  
 I found a backpack in the Homeless Closet at school to carry my supplies, garbage bag, candy to bribe students, water bottles, snacks, extras, germ x, and the like.  I was ready.  I broke a sweat before we loaded the bus.
 I'm lucky enough to work with my cousin, Anna, and she knows I love her because at 10:30 the night before the trip I was still awake making shirts for us and her teaching partners.
And because I love my child, I lugged my trusty cooler with me on the bus.  If only I kept a log of all the wonderful places I have to hide out to pump or nurse him.
The field trip was to Hernando to a farm.  It was a beautiful location and the weather held off so we enjoyed an overcast morning.  The students were great and well behaved. I have had my fix on field trips for a while and hopefully can wait until next year to do it again.  I slept like a baby that night and thankfully so did Baby Boy.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers