Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013



Easter marked Jett's first time at our church.  I had planned this day out in my head several times over.  I knew what he would wear, what I would wear, and of course what Cullen would wear.  I woke up with Jett about 5 and wound up getting back up around seven.  We played and talked.  At 7:30 Cullen was up and had eaten breakfast, and I told him it would be best if he went ahead and got showered.  My mom came to deliver some of the food for lunch while he was in the shower and held Jett while I made my casseroles.  
With Cullen back downstairs and semi ready I handed Jett off and began loading and unloading the dishwasher, picking up the downstairs, and getting things ready for lunch.  At 9:00 I sat down to eat a bite of breakfast and then jumped up to go ahead and get ready while Jett napped.  I fed him at 10:00 with my hair in rollers.  10:10 came and my brother and his family came in.  It hit me then, that I might be late to church.  How in the world could I be late, I live across the street and I had been up forever.  I turned the baby over to Cullen and told him to give him a bottle if he had to, but I had to get ready.  
Just as I was finishing my makeup, my inlaws arrived, Cullen began to change Jett and began to fuss about his outfit- it was to thin, his socks came up really high... and the like.  My mother in law oohed and ahed over the baby, my brother and his children were sitting on go to head to church, my hair was getting bigger by the second, and my bouncing baby boy was about to debut at church.
Across the street we went, and as I sat down and rested for the first time I thought about how glad I was to be back in church, all of us, not just Cullen to Sunday School while I kept the baby.  I thought about our new normal, and as I looked down, I realized I had none of my jewelry on, the mashed potatoes for lunch never got made, and it really didn't matter, because we were together, celebrating the Risen Savior.

This sweet girl melts my heart.
 My cousin Darla got to see the babies after church.  Can't wait for her little man to be here in June.







 Jett loves his new play mat the Easter Bunny brought him. He even christened it first thing with a little spit up.
And with his third outfit of the day on, he and Cullen sacked out on the couch.  I called him Tom Sawyer all afternoon, with his ankles hanging out.  Little man is growing.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

How precious is this? Sometimes our plans don't go as "planned" butttttt they work out in God's plan!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers