Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Polka Dot Process

I got a wild hair to attempt a Polka Dot Cake.  Of course I got the idea from Pinterest and I thought I had to make one, just to see if I could do it.  Once I saw the cake pop pan on clearance at my favorite store, T.J.Maxx, it was as good as done.
Here is my sad attempt a tutorial on the process.  You will need two cake white cake mixes.  Make one cake mix and divide half of it into several bowls.  Add coloring to the bowls of batter and blend.
 Using my new cake pan, I sprayed them generously with Pam, both top and bottom and the outside top, too.  Fill the bottom pan to a little more than full.
 Bake for about three minutes less than advised on the pan.  Take them out and you will notice they have a little ridge around the middle.  Use kitchen shears and cut that off.  Place in a nice row to photography cutely.
 Place the remaining half of the batter divided into three 8 inch pans.  Put the cake balls in the pans and then make the second cake mix.  Once well blended pour it over the three cake pans.
 Bake them in the oven until they bounce back in the middle.
 Then I tried this super easy ombre icing technique, along with this really easy decorating technique.
The surprise of the polka dots, made me giddy.  It was super easy, like easy enough I made another one this same day.  Enjoy

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers