Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mama's Boy

I had to leave Jett for the first time on Sunday, for a work trip.  When I got the email about the trip, I was a bit excited.  Teachers and administrators alike love a chance to get away from school.  Even if the trip will cause you to do extra work to prepare for the absence, it is fun and exciting to do something a bit different.  I called Cullen to make sure he would be okay with Jett by himself.  He said sure thing and I confirmed my trip.
I spent all weekend writing down his schedule, and planning out his feedings, and his outfits, and I was just a bit sad when Sunday afternoon rolled around and the clocked clicked toward the time I was to leave.
I may have been gone a total of an hour before Cullen's parents came to help watch Jett,  they stayed until bath time and his mom came back bright and early the next morning to watch Jett for the day and again stayed until bath time.  The next morning she came just to see Jett while Cullen got ready for work and then went to work herself, and Jett went to Mamaw's for the day.
Total Cullen maybe had Jett for 3 waking hours by himself, but it was a start.  When I got home, he talked about not being able to sleep the first night, worried that something would go wrong, or just worrying about having to get up by himself.  The second night he said he slept like a baby from being tired from no sleep the night before.  Now he knows why when my head hits the pillow at night, I can be in a deep sleep in less that 60 seconds.
I missed my boys while I was gone, but I didn't cry or drive 90 mph to get home to them.  They were well taken care of.  With all that said, I'm in no rush to leave them again until duty calls again, because it is a job itself, getting everything together and planning...and as long as Jett is still nursing, being away is no vacation.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers