Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Vacation

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!  I put up four full size trees this year and I loved every day just sitting and looking at them.  My holiday decor has a way of evolving for a number of reasons but one of them being that  I forget some of my things and have to add them as the month drags on.
 In Pollard tradition we spent Christmas Eve night at the Calvary Candlelight service with Cullen's parents and sister.  I believe that this is the fourth year for the tradition and my mother in law just loves having us all there together.  It was nice having Faren and Dave there this year since in years past it has been just Cullen and myself as she and Dave have had work or other obligations.
 I enjoy hearing the carols and Brother David's sweet message and I know that in years to come traditions will change if Cullen and I ever start a family of our own, so I appreciate this small tradition.
 Christmas Day began with breakfast with my mom and then moved to Oxford to celebrate with the Ragon family.  It is always a fast and furious day that holds a lot of laughs, food, and memories.
 Back in Pontotoc we were able to meet up with the Carter clan for dessert and another gift exchange.
 This is my sweet cousin, Jason, in case I haven't said it enough he is my FAVORITE cousin and we have a 'secret' gift exchange every year that frustrates the rest of the family but delights both of us.
 This Christmas was Ellie's second Christmas in Pontotoc.  They alternate each year so it was good to see her at home rather than during a quick trip to Jackson.
 My dad gave me this beauty for Christmas.  It is still at his house now, because I am debating getting a smaller one, and partly because I am scared to death almost of really having a gun of my own.
This sums up Ellie's Pontotoc Christmas experience.  It was princess filled.  She can walk in heels like a champ, she LOVES a crown and thinks that her nails have got to be painted and her lips need to be glossed.  I am one proud aunt that she is obsessed by all things girly.  Especially since 2012 is going to be bringing this baby girl a baby brother.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers