Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

This year has flown by and in a lot of ways I am extremely grateful for this, but in other instance it saddens me to think that here we are looking at 2012 and another year of getting older.
January brought a lot of snow and a lot of snow days.  I welcomed the snow and enjoyed every inch of the 8 inches Pontotoc received.  

 February was the month Cullen turned 28 and we celebrated another Super Bowl with our Sunday School class.

March -Faren & Dave got married at Mt. Vernon and it was a month filled with wedding preparations, from bachelorette parties to rehearsals and showers.  Spring break was laid back and spent with friends and family.  
April was a time to celebrate Natalie turning 30 and we loaded up and headed to Nashville.  We celebrated Leslie's birthday in Oxford and spent the rest of the month at baseball games and work.
 May was a time for good byes as I said bye to Pontotoc Elementary and Mary Ann Busby, my second grade teacher retired from teaching.  Cullen spent Memorial Day with our friends in Hunstville and I spent it at the beach with some teachers from school.
In June I became a student again after five years away from Ole Miss.  I moved back on campus and with seven other teachers we began our transformations from teachers to administrators.  Cullen and I celebrated four years together and we celebrated it apart.

 July took Cullen and me to places we thought we would only go on vacation.  We served on a mission team with our church in St. Thomas.  It was a wonderful adventure and we were so blessed by the team and the islanders we worked with.  My cousin, Anna, got married to her high school sweetie, Andrew.  I turned 25 again and we enjoyed a weekend away with friends in Pickwick.  I began my internship and started learning what life was like inside the office at school.

 August brought another Bodock Festival and a time for Jason's band to entertain us.  School got in full swing and Cullen readied himself for Football Season.
 September started the football season for Ole Miss and kept us busy with school and work.  Mom turned 60 and we spent her birthday marveling in Ellie growing into such a big girl with a big personality.
 October was more of the same from September, days filled with football, school, work, and a few parties to dot our weekend calendars.
 November brought my mom back to the University after 38 years to enjoy a football game.  We welcomed family into our homes again for Thanksgiving.  We were able to share stories and make memories.


December- This sweet girl has brought us so much happiness this year.  She has literally grown up before our eyes.  She has become a spunky & sweet little lady.  I think she loves Christmas as much as the rest of the Carter crew does.
2011 was a blessing in many ways and in many way the most trying year yet for the Pollards.  We were blessed more than we deserved and look forward to the coming year to see all that it holds.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers