Friday, December 23, 2011

Paintings

This picture was taken in the Circle this past football season, and I have been wanting to paint a picture of our friends for a while, so one morning I just did it.  I wanted to capture a feeling, a moment in time, that for years to come we could look back at and remember.
 So here it is.  I took a different perspective from the photo so that you could get a feeling of the experience in the Circle, but left our outfits the same.  Not knowing at the time I painted this that the lives of our friends would be very different in the coming months, make this moment in time very important.
 Another idea that came to me while sitting in the office one day at LES was for this painting.  Being the Commodores a lot of word play happens with ADORE and the Dores, so I thought it would be special for the football coaches' wives.
 I made one initially and then had more requested, but I wanted them to be different and special to each person so I added different offerings.

And my final painting in last year was for my mother in law.  She asked me to paint for her and I like I always do put it off.  To me, anyone can paint.  If you think it you can put it in paint and then it is yours. So when people ask me to paint for them I get a little stressed.  I start questioning will they like it, what do they want, what will mean something to them....and then I have to be in the mood to paint.  It is one of my creative quirks...
So I decided that a major happening of this year for the Pollards was the wedding of Faren, so I thought it would be nice for her to have a painting from the wedding.  So I took a picture of Mt. Vernon where the wedding was to take place and the picture below of the six of us and put them together.
This is what I came up with.
I really like how it turned out.  When I paint I expect everyone to like it and to see it like I do, but Cullen was quick to point out what he saw differently than me.  I laughed because I knew I would not make one change and that once I finish it...it is DONE.  
My sister in law I think was confused as to why she didn't get one, and my mother in law liked it so it was a success.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers