Saturday, December 17, 2011

We Gather Together

 Thanksgiving this year, was probably the most memorable one yet. My mom was diagnosed early in the week with arthritis, and with that it was up to me to take a greater role in the dinner preparations.  We had fun with it and I wound up doing video taping cooking segments as we cooked each part of the dinner.  I look forward to making it into a dvd when I have time.  Cullen decided to smoke a turkey this year and then Uncle Wayne gave lessons on how to carve a turkey like a butcher.
 After lunch we all sat around, cat napped and then began decorating.  Can't you see how happy Jason was to help.
 Mr. Jimmy, who Cullen looks just like, found the Man Cave was the quietest room for his post lunch nap.
 Sadie posed with Jason and Rayanne for a picture in front of the Santa she painted.  I call this photo...mom and her favorites.
 Rayanne always helps decorate, but this year she had surgery the week before and claimed ill. I hoisted her to the top and held on to her for dear life. She made it through decorating one tree...just fine.
 And post Thanksgiving day....I went to McCarty and got the new 2011 piece.  The Peavine Platter. She is BEAUTIFUL and displayed in my home already.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers