Saturday, December 17, 2011

NBCT's and a Christmas Tree

 I want to give a HUGE Shout Out to my friend Connie Buse.  Con Con as I call her helped me learn a LOT about teaching in two years at Lawhon.  During Thanksgiving Break she found out she certified as a National Board Teacher.  I am SO proud of her.  The process is supposed to be a year long event...but she decided in January she would do it.  She wrote and wrote and during the middle of it all she had a detached retina, surgery, and recovery.  Leslie and I read her entries while we laid out at her pool and held a dance party when she finished them and packed her box to send it in.
 The Tupelo Women's Club Christmas Tree Festival was the first time we had seen each other to celebrate her passing.  It was a fun night catching up, celebrating.  I had donated a painting and it wound up going for around $200.00 I was super excited.

This is the Northface Coat Connie bid on and got for $65.00.  It was a perfect fit on me.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers