Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mama Mia

 This little cutie came to visit me right before Thanksgiving.  She stayed at my house while her parents went back to Jackson.  I was super pumped.  She watched t.v. with Cullen who she calls Bubba, she napped, and then we headed to shop at Pontotoc's open house.   We were stopped no less than five times just so people could tell me how much she looked like me or to ask when I had a child.
 She cooked some brownies with my mom and then was ready to eat supper and go to bed.  She went over her list that would get her back to Jackson.  She said, "Fifi, I'll eat supper, take a bath, put on pj's, go to bed and then see Mama and Daddy?"  I confirmed and we checked off her list.
 She woke me up at 6:30 with another list.  "Fifi, let's eat breakfast, change clothes and go to Jackson?"  So that's what we did.  We made stops to see Sadie (my mom), Bubba, and then headed to Jackson.  I introduced her to Johnny Cash's Jackson song and we headed that way.
 Once in Jackson we went to Target, a fabric store, and then headed to the Renaissance to shop and wait on my brother to get off work.  This is where my otherwise perfect weekend turned bad...really really bad.
Ok so once we were shopping we stopped by J.Crew.  I know what was I thinking taking a kid in a quiet, not kid friendly store.  I must remind my two readers my dealings with children are held mostly to classrooms.  In the store I head straight for the sale rack.  I put Ellie down and instruct her to stay right beside me.  Of course again what was I thinking she didn't but she did stay in my sight line.  I'm checking out a precious sequin top and she is playing with a shelf.  That is until I startled her by saying "Ellie, don't do that." She stops hanging on the shelf just in time for it to be jarred a bit from its original position and what happens?  It falls hitting her leg and catapulting her out of the cabinetry on to the tile floor.  Hands slap tile, leg is squished, and the quiet store is NO More.  Officially I became that girl.  You know that girl...the one with the screaming child.  I rush to her telling her that she will be fine, and had she listened to me this would not have happened.  Guess who can't hear me for the screaming.
With one hand around her to pick her up and the other trying to pick up the rather heavy shelf the worker comes to me to check out the situation...only I am only worried about putting the shelf back, quieting Ellie, and getting the heck out of that store.  I leave the shelf.  Ellie is screaming for a band-aid, and I am racing from the store telling about three customers on the way out that she is not my child and that I'm just a babysitter.  What? Who would say that? Yep, I did- it was such a quick reaction!  I know give me the aunt of the year award.
Outside I set her down and explained to her she would be fine.  Back at the car I promised candy, and bandaids and all sorts of things to quiet her down.  My first aid kit had a great ice pack and I applied the biggest bandaid I could find.  She was better.  I was a nervous wreck.  So I drove to Brett's work and waited 35 minutes for him to get off work.  Ellie's leg had a minor scrape and more of a blood blister.  She was walking fine, until she saw her daddy, and my girl caught a limp.  Can you say DRAMA!  She really knows how  to work it.
I left Jackson worn out and not ready to have children for another 5 years.  She was perfect, but the one incident almost did me in.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You will have TWINS!

Felicia said...

Lord Jill, I hope not!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers