Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started at 4 in the morning for me.  I set my alarm that early, just to get up and get things done for the luncheon after dedication.  One of my final preparations was painting a sign for the front door.
Another last minute preparation was to finish painting cross canvases for the other babies dedicated along with Jett and wrapping them.
We didn't take time to get a really good picture as a family, this was the best we got.  Once we got to church, it was a whirlwind of babies, and diaper changes, and pictures, and spit up.

All but one couple of the eight that had a child to dedicate are members in our Sunday School class.  After we paraded down front and paraded back out, I decided to take Jett to the nursery.  There were two workers for three babies.  I had a "Terms of Endearment" moment, you know the one where Shirley Maclaine wants to climb in the baby bed with her infant...I couldn't leave him.  So I put him in a baby bed and he played by himself while I rocked other babies and talked to the nursery workers.  He didn't cry one time, and I now feel better about leaving him.
My brother and his wife came into town for the dedication and to visit one last time in Pontotoc before they move to Cleveland for a year.
Henry was just too cute, this is an outfit that he is to wear in his Uncle's wedding at the end of the month.  He is growing so quickly.  He is on the move constantly now and is talking more and more.  He even said Jett this trip.
I think getting babies to take pictures is sometimes easier than getting grandparents to take pictures.  We would get the grandmothers to look and say Jett's name to get his attention and the grandmothers would look down at him.  JP had it together and just stared and smiled at the camera the whole time.
Probably the best picture we have of the three of them together.

The dessert table.  I have full intentions of planning events down to the last detail, but then time gets away from me and I scramble to put it together.  So after I sent the invitations out, it hit me that I could use a hymn as a theme for the party and it would be precious.  As far as I got with that idea was to plan a dessert buffet with a canvas that said Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus...  It was a great idea because my mom LOVES a dessert and takes great pride in making them.




The kids loved my chalkboard.  Ellie is learning to write and does a great job getting most of the letters in what she wants to write, just not always in the best order.  I think we favor a lot in this picture.

And what would a family dinner be with out a picture of me with my favorite cousin, Jason.

Mother's day was a great day.  It wasn't restful but it was a sweet time with family.  I only asked Cullen for three things.  I wanted a love note from him, a card from Jett, and a surprise.  He emailed me my poem.  Jett's card held a gift certificate for a massage, and my surprise was a Ronaldo bracelet.  It was a perfect first Mother's day.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers