Sunday, August 30, 2009

Delta Day






This is my absolute favorite house...one day I just may walk up to the door and ask for a tour


Since Cullen and I got married his Aunt Janice and I have formed somewhat of a tradition. We make biannual trips to the Mississippi Delta. Usually one in the summer and one just before Christmas. We have the trip scheduled and really we don't deviate from the schedule. Yesterday was one of those trips. I must say the apart from the major pottery places in the delta nothing much there appeals to me. I think the mosquitos are huge, the water is brown, and it must be 10 degrees hotter on the flat land than in the hills, but alas I do love pottery.

We braved the Petter's Pottery Second Sale. I am not a bargain shopper by nature. I will be clothes on sale but my pottery not so much. I made sure most of pieces had the price stickers on the back so that I knew that weren't seconds, the others I inspected carefully. I don't won't second rate pottery ;)




Next it was on down the road to see Mr. McCarty and his lovely shelves of pottery. I must say that until these trips with Aunt Janice I was a pottery snob...McCarty ONLY, but she has shown me the differences and how they both can be loved.




Mr. McCarty came in holding this foot long bean grown in his garden...so proud he had to have it in the picture...


Mr. McCarty was not having a sale. Oh no infact his pieces were sure enough full price, but I love that place....So of course I had to buy a few presents and a piece as Aunt Janice said, "You pick that up everytime we come, just getting you have wanted it for years" so I did. :)

Leaving Marigold we traveled to Cleveland to see Cullen's sister and her beau, Dave. We ate lunch where we LOVE to eat lunch at Ala Carte- we love their chicken salad sandwhiches. Mmm.mm
Then we discovered a childrens consignment store....This was my first peek into a consignment shop. WOW I can't say I fell in love but I was surprised! I was on the hunt for anything smocked for boys or girls. I could tell that I would have better luck with the boys and I found myself with 7 or 8 options of smocked longalls size 18-24 mo....Only I don't know many little boys that size...so I called my friend Anna Claire and she became the proud new owner of a precious item.



We headed back to the hill and made our traditional stop in Batesville at K's. We always find something in there.
It isn't the stops that make the trip so fun, it is the predictable pauses in the road when we question which way do we go (it usually is at the same place or two everytime-and it may just be out of habit) or the four hours of time spent catching up on the last six months of each others lives. Until next time...be jealous of my Delta Day ;)

1 comment:

Connie said...

What a fun day!! Larry and I love going to McCarty's and Peter's!! Have you and Cullen ever stayed at the Alluvian in Greenwood? Nice! Try it sometimes, if you haven't!!
The on-site restaurant is wonderful and the Viking cooking school is across the street!

Much love!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers