Sunday, August 30, 2009

No Outsiders



Family history- My Uncle Wayne is my Mom's brother. He is married to Aunt B and they have my two favorite cousins...Jason and Rayanne. Jason is ten years older than me...Rayanne is 13 years older than me. Yeah that makes them MUCH older ;)




Most Friday and Saturday nights of my childhood were spent at Uncle Wayne's house eatting hamburgers, steak, and other great meals. Since we've grown up and married and moved around our weekly meals have turned into monthly meals or longer. Needless to say we don't get to sit around and relax after dinner, someone is having to leave to go home, or run to Wal-Mart so the conversations are cut short.






Last night Rayanne and her girls were in town so after Cullen and I ate Mexican I ran over to Uncle Wayne's house to see the family. A quick trip turned into a two - thee hour stay. Sitting around the table with my mom, Aunt B, Uncle Wayne, and Rayanne we talked and laughed like old time. I told everybody we were so much funnier when there were No Outsiders around. The Outsiders comment confused them for a minute but in my mind I meant the add ons to the family. You see when I was growing up there were no husbands or children around the dinner table it was us...and last night made me think back to that. We laughed until we cried- all of us about stuff others & outsiders would just roll their eyes at or not understand. That may be what I love most about family is that sometimes no outsiders is just what you need to lift your spirits and keep you going.





Side note: my Uncle and Aunt have repainted their home in unpacking...they found these painted duck panelings... we laughed at how outdated they were but you can tell from the pic...he loves them just as much today as the day they were given to them.

1 comment:

Wayne Carter said...

Oh, it was a fun filled evening, though much of the laughter was at my expense. I may be stuck in the past, but I love the duck plaques as much today as the first time I saw them. Forgive me, if I fail to understand how they would be inappropriate on the wall over the toilet. Right now, all I've got is a beige wall to look at, so it's up to my interior-decorating daughter and niece to come up with something soon or the ducks may end up hovering above the toilet instead of in it.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers