Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet Sampling

Linda Thomas & Glenda Corley

On Sunday I hosted a Jewelry Trunkshow/Tea for Habitat for Humanity. It sounds like I did a lot of work. That was not the case. I had lots of help. Linda Thomas made the jewelry. She donated 100 pieces of jewelry to be sold to benefit our local habitat affiliate. Glenda Corley donated the massive amounts of food seen in the pictures and I was in charge of the location, my house, and making and sending out the invitations all 130 of them. I think I had the easiest job of all. Note my new door hanger. My friend Connie used her big monogramming machine to monogram a big letter P on the toile fabric I was using for the shower. From that I made a door hanger. (please excuse my stairs in much need of repair... we are looking to have them bricked soon-if you know of a mason near you let me know)
This is my Aunt B. She is pretty much the bomb . com when it comes to Habitat stuff. (Yeah I said it... bomb.com..what you thought it was coming back in style...guess again.) Anyway this is my favorite aunt she is married to my favorite uncle and mother to my favorite cousin. She loves Habitat and she pretty much devotes her whole life to the organization. Even I, find myself thinking about Habitat and fundraisers more than others...she kinda gets people fired up about her cause...if you don't know her...you should...she would be your favorite aunt, too.



This was the dining room on Sunday. Note the crazy amounts of food. All homemade by Ms. Glenda. And we draped jewelry on anything that didn't have food on it.
Moving into the living room multiple tables were set up as well as in the den, too. My only purchase from the day was fresh bread baked by Mrs. Glenda.
These would be two of the greatest girls God ever let breathe. Yeah and lucky me, I get to call them friends. Meagan is pretty much my sister and is at all major events in my life...and even some that aren't so major. Joanne well that sneaky chick just surprised me and showed up at the house on Sunday. I think she facebook stalked me. But, since I hadn't seen her face in a month and school starts back this week it was worth being stalked.


My Uncle Wayne was sweet enough to take pictures for the day and he was able to capture a lot of the people coming and going.

Here are two more of my favorite people. Megan be sure to show this to Mimi. Mimi is Megan's grandmother. I too claim kin, because...well, because I can. And here Mimi is pictured with Haley Ard another sweet little girl!

1 comment:

Connie said...

This was fun, fun, fun and benefited a great cause!! God bless you for opening your beautiful home for this occasion! The jewelry was all gorgeous and the food divine! It took me back to many a Christmas Open House we attended when Glenda was our neighbor! She is a great cook and a special lady!!
Thanks for inviting me!! I had a great time!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers