Thursday, July 18, 2013

Favorite Cuz is Forty

My favorite cousin, Jason, turned 40 this week.  I love a party but I really love a birthday party.  I think everyone's birthday is a big deal and I think everyone else should too.  Cullen really is bothered by the fact I think the world would be a better place if everyone thought like me and could read my mind.  He says he prays for me a lot about being more accepting and less judgmental.  I'm glad he prays for me, I'll leave it at that.  Any who...Jason's birthday was drawing near and no one had anything planned.  So in less than 24 hours I devised a plan.  Burgers at my house with a Mississippi theme.  


 Jason loves to play the blues, so I recreated a quick Lucille, B.B.'s guitar, on a cake.  I made Mississippi Sin, and Mississippi Mud Bars, and served Ice Cream floats with old fashioned bottled Coca-Cola in mason jars, with blue straws.  I pulled out some blue napkins from my stash and some blue cups leftover from the Fourth and a party was made.

This little boy made me tired and made me excited for Jett to get big all at one time.

 This is Jason's good friend, Sam, and his son Joe.  Both Sam and Jason waited until they were in their late 30's to have babies and knowing them before kids and now with them, I'm so glad they have them.




 Okay this is a great example of the fact that I have the world's worst summer hair in the world.  In fact I could write an entire blog with evidence of how terrible curly hair is during a Mississippi Summer.  ugh...

It was a night filled with laughs, babies everywhere and good fellowship.  Happy 40th Jason.

2 comments:

Wayne Carter said...

The party was a lot of fun. You did a good job putting it together and then documenting it. Thanks.

BrigitteBordeaux said...

fun!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers