Friday, July 5, 2013

Jett Boy's Firecracker Brunch


 I really miss seeing all my friends and spending time with them, since we have become parents, so what better way to see them than to have a party.  I decided since I love a holiday, and Cullen doesn't care one way or another, I would have to instill at an early age a love for them with Jett.  So we threw him a Fourth of July party.  It helps that I literally live in the middle of down town, and that my Mayberry like hometown has a precious little parade for Fourth.  So I sent out invites to all of Jett's hometown baby friends inviting them to a Firecracker Brunch.  I then spent the rest of June coming up with the details.  I even held myself back a little wanting to save some things for coming years as the babies get bigger.








 Getting a shot of everyone is not easily done.  Here are two of the best.




















 By the end of the party and parade we were a sweaty mess, but we made pictures and got to see one another and hopefully started a tradition that our babies will grow to enjoy and look forward to every year.

I could not have gotten everything done with out the help of my mother and father in law.  They loaned me yard furniture, pillows, plants, and man power.  My dear friends Meagan and Julie, who will pick up and begin serving guests if they see a need and take pictures so we could have sweet moments remembered.  My cousin, Rayanne, who helped get the vision for the food table and lanterns placement.  And of course Cullen, who helped with the yard.  Oh not to forget my sweet employees, Katherine and Broc who made quick work of cleaning out flower beds, washing the side by side, and pruning back bushes.  
Some of the details.  I wanted to remember in years to come.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so precious! I know the older they get, the memories will be wonderful!

Jill said...

You. Amaze. Me. I want to be just like you. Do you ever get tired? I think you are superwoman!!!! Yay for you! Oh and I loved the Mayberry comparison!

Felicia said...

Jill, you are silly, my goal is to be you! I thought you would like the Mayberry shout out!

Anonymous said...

The party looks great! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing with us at MSWB!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers