Monday, March 18, 2013

Baked Ziti


Baked Ziti
Ingredients
1 pound dry ziti pasta (or really any kind of pasta would work- I actually used Penne pasta)
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef (season with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and minced garlic)
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (I added a zucchini to my sauce just for more veggies!)
8 slices provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
.                Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 7-8 minutes; drain.
.                In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
.                Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 2 8x8 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray. Layer as follows in each pan: 1/4 of the ziti, 1/4 of the sauce, 4 slices of Provolone cheese, 1/2 of sour cream,  1/4 of ziti, 1/4 mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
.                Bake covered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
  
I was in the mood to make up some freezer meals before I went back to work. I was super tired of the ones I had made to last us through my maternity leave.  I had chicken/pasta overload.  I found this recipe and decided to try it out.  We ate it last night for dinner and it was great.  * Bake it on a cookie sheet just in case it boils over.



No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers