Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shots


Jett had his shots.  I raced from work to pick him up at Mamaw's house.  I had to leave in enough time to make sure he had a precious and freshly ironed outfit on.  And I knew it would stay on him all of 30 minutes, but he looked cute.  He was just about to need to feed when we got there, so I was worried about his temperament.  When Dr. Dennis came in to the room, he lit up.  He cooed and laughed and talked to Dr. Dennis.  Cullen and I sat and looked on like silly goons with pride.  Then it was time for his shots.  He didn't mind the nurse holding his legs, and even was playful when I held his hands, but within a second of the first shot, his face was red and his lungs were screaming.  As soon as they were finished I picked him up and after about a 30 seconds he was fine, smiling and cooing at Cullen.  He turned the real tears on an off faster than I expected.
He weighed 11lbs and was in the 30% for weight.
He was 23 3/4 inches long in the 80% for length.
Dr. Dennis says he probably will just be long and lean.  


 At this appointment I had several questions that looking back on, I think they must think that I'm the girl who waited until almost 30 to have a baby, and overreact.  Just for the sake of me remembering my three questions were about : his belly button, solid food, and spit up.
In the last two weeks Jett's belly button has gone from an innie to an outtie, and my mom had me afraid it was some gosh awful problem.  I said it was like a turkey timer, once he reached a certain level of fullness it just popped out, but the doctor told me it will go back.
Next up, solid food.  I'm not ready to try him, and honestly he told me I didn't have to for a year if I chose, but that maybe by next visit he could have attempted rice cereal.  I'm thinking I won't try him on cereal by then, because shockingly I have grown to love nursing him, and knowing that he isn't getting any of the junk from store bought stuff, but that is a post for another time.
Finally, the spit up.  It isn't awful, but it has increased.  Here is the explanation.  His food intake has increased along with his movement...thus increased spit up----GENIUS 
When we were dressing him back up to leave, Cullen wanted to put this on him rather than the outfit he wore in to the appointment.  He stated it would be easier, so I let Cullen change him.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers