Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 A Year In Review

This has been the busiest year of my life, but it has been the best busy I have ever been. 
 
January: We rang in the New Year at our home with a friend.  January took us to a bowl game in Birmingham and I waddled the whole way.  By the end of the month, I had slept my last full night to date and our hearts were filled with more love than we could have ever expected with the birth of our sweet Jett Boy.
February: Cullen turned 30.  We learned how to be parents to a newborn.  We hosted plenty of visitors.  We welcomed Leila Sloane Rocconi into the world, our second niece.  Henry, our nephew turned one.
March: I went back to work after 10 great weeks of maternity leave.  We celebrated Leslie's 30th birthday, and we adjusted to having a routine.  My favorite cousin, Jason got married.
April: Our sweet niece, Ellie, turned 4.  Jett rolled over.  I spent my first nights away from Jett, on a school trip in Jackson.
May: In May we celebrated the birth of Emi Reese Collums, my first Mother's Day, Jett's baby dedication, and Daisy Kent Carter turning 1.  I welcomed Summer Vacation, and then laughed because I didn't get vacation, I had maternity leave earlier in the year, so I dropped Jett off at new babysitters and went on to work.  May brought bad news to my dad, when we found out he had metastatic liver cancer.
June: June was a blur.  I went from work, to doctor appointments with my dad, took care of Jett, and managed to keep it all together.  Sadness struck at the end of the month with the passing of my college roommate, Mary Gardiner, and my grandmother.  My brother and his family moved to Cleveland Ohio for a year. 
July:  We celebrated Jett's first Fourth of July with a bang.  I turned 30.  Jett celebrated half a year of life.  

August: School was back in session.  My brother and his family visited from Ohio.  We geared up for football season.
September: I met the Pioneer Woman, Jett had his first Ole Miss experience, and we prepared for Cullen to be at work most Saturdays.
October:  Cullen and I went to Auburn to cheer on the Rebels.  Jett had his friends over for a Halloween Party, and we made it to the Pumpkin Patch three times.
November: We hosted our 5th Thanksgiving with our family in Pontotoc.  My college roommate got married at the beginning of the month.  Jett hosted his friends for a Pilgrim Indian Picnic.  Our sweet boy also had tubes put in his ears.  He was a trooper.  He took his first steps this month, too.

December: We were super busy following our little walker around.  We hopped from Christmas party to Christmas party and rushed around getting things ready for Christmas.  We spent time with family and friends, made great memories and started some new traditions.  Cullen and I went to Nashville to watch our Rebels in the Music City Bowl, just before ringing in the New Year at home.


No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers