Sunday, December 30, 2012

Nesting Recipes

So my nesting has come in very different stages. When I found out we were having a girl, I began readying everything for her in pink and green, and had closets filled with smocked dresses.
Next when she became a he, I was instantly wanting to get things over to blue, but life happened and backorders and the like kept me from getting much accomplished, but I did start planning food.


Today I decided I would cook some more to freeze and I thought I would share the recipes.

Taco Soup
1.5 lbs. hamburger meat
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1 can of rotel tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 cup of water
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of kidney beans

- brown hamburger meat, empty all contents in crock pot and cook for a while


Chicken Spaghetti

1 onion diced
1 can of rotel tomatoes
3 cups of cooked shredded chicken
1 box of spaghetti noodles
1 lb of velveeta

Cook and shred chicken.
Boil pasta.
Cube velveeta and add rotel tomatoes to noodles.  Add in the onion and the chicken.  Put in three loaf pans, wrap with saran wrap and then foil and freeze.

As I cooked the chicken I poured the boiling water onto my hand.  I had to assemble the rest of the recipe with one hand in a metal bowl of ice water doing everything else one handed.  So no picture was made for the other recipe I made this morning.

Lasagna
1.5 lb of hamburger browned
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
1 large container of ricotta cheese
3 eggs
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1 box of lasagna noodles.

After browning the hamburger and adding the spaghetti sauce, put a small amount in the bottom of your pan.  Place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce.  Next, layer meat sauce, ricotta and egg mixture, and cheese, and then noodles again.  After two more layers of this top with meat sauce and cheese.  Cover with saran wrap and foil and freeze.  
I love to take this with a salad and italian green beans, and garlic bread to new parents, or to families that have been in the hospital.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers