Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

This is what you need:

1 cup oil
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix (sugar free/fat free will work, too)
4 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/4 cup water
1 box butter flavored cake mix
1 (8 oz.) sour cream (fat free okay, too)
1 (6oz.) pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips

This is what you do:
Mix all ingredients well and cook in greased bundt pan or tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Put on rack to cool, 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out and enjoy! This cake is great with coffee or served with ice cream.

This is what it looks like:
I made two of these cakes last week and sent them to work with Cullen since they are working longer hours. The first day it was gone within two hours. The next day I added a pan of brownies, and a batch of Oreo Truffles to the tray and it took a little longer for them to finish it off. I believe the original recipe came from Gaye Howard, a teacher friend of mine.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm catching up on your blog...and can I just say I love how you take pictures of all the recipe ingredients! I'm going to try the dip and the cake. I know about the oreo truffles--they are sinful.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers