Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Book 6


Thank the Lord I have "finished" my summer reading book 6) Know It All. I praise the Lord, because I thought I would never get through it. I tried to tell my friend Leslie why not to read the book, but in the end it served its purpose. The book is the retelling of one man's quest to become the smartest man in the world. He sets out to accomplish this by reading the Encyclopedia Britannica. Yeah, I know it sounds boring and at times it was but he is extremely sarcastic and thus has a fairly humorous outlook on most of the entries he sites in the book. This book is drastically different from most of the easy little beach reads I normally tackle. I can say that no, I don't believe I will start the Felicia's Book Club of Mississippi, and will never rival Oprah for all the books she reads, but I do like to know about good books. Let me know what you are reading. I love love love a good book. I have a LONG list to get through by August when school is back in session, but I could be swayed to put off my list for a great book suggestion. Next up I need to finish Knit Two, the sequel to The Friday Night Knitting Club that I read last summer. I have also started a book about Skinny my friend Les has lent me, as well as a book my mom recommended The Wednesday Letters.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers