Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Recap


Many people would say that a teacher in the summertime is as close to worthless as you can get. I beg to differ with anyone that thinks that thought. Friday I was up bright and early so that I could begin making a birthday cake. After handing the cake off I was headed to the pool. Friday night Cullen and I went to eat then home to watch t.v. That is a standard night for Cullen and me. Saturday I began the day in my sewing room. I had full intentions of checking off a few items on my to do list and then head to a wedding. Cullen spent his morning on the golf course. He too had full intentions of going to a wedding. Leslie called and wanted to spend time by the pool so I was swayed as was Cullen. He headed to the driving range for the afternoon while I tanned. We met back at the house and went to eat at Kyoto. This is where the story gets good. As Cullen and I sat at the Hibachi Grill other people sat down. Across from us was a family of four. The father sat across from Cullen, the small child next to him and then the mother. At this time let me tell you that as they were sitting down the mother was putting on her baby sling. I thought aww the mom wants to keep the baby close. Well, let me just tell you that was NOT the point of the baby sling, it was so that the mom could raise her shirt, bare herself and feed her child. YIKES I know it is supposed to be so natural. Well I was naturally disgusted. There was no tent so that we couldn't see what she was doing, no cover, no discretion.....I saw the natural process and was horrified that through the flames of the hibachi I had to witness that. Why oh why would she not go to the bathroom, stay in the car, or cover it up. I really felt sorry for the teenage boy sitting next to the mom, he looked equally disgusted. I would have been fine had they been in a booth, not at a mixed company dining table. Just in case you were wondering this made me NOT want to have children. I just keep adding to the list. I don't want to lose my modesty. After dinner we went to see a movie. Today we had our patriotic service at Church, it happens to be one of my top five favorite services at church. I love to see the men stand during the recognition for their branches of service. This afternoon Cullen is headed to the golf course and I went to a funeral. I hope everyone has a great week!
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers