Friday, July 31, 2009

Florida Fun


On Saturday, July 25th, Leslie and I set out to Florida to see Molly. With no navigation system on our dash and no printed off directions we hit the road. I posted earlier the atlas picture that we were following. Bill, Leslie's husband had given us super detailed directions from an Atlas. Who needs Rand McNally? We didn't we had Bill Hilliard and our directions got us there with ease. Using my iphone I was able to pinpoint our location with GPS and so it was our backup tool. We had a blast! Once we got there on Saturday we headed to the mall to see Molly. Molly is now managing the Gainesville Coach store so Leslie and I left with new Coach purchases. Les got new shades, I got a new handbag and we both walked away with some great new purfume! Thanks Molly and Barrett for being great hostesses.
Once in Lake City, a few miles from Gainesville, Leslie noticed she was missing a hubcap...this was absolutely devastating to Leslie as anyone that knows her can imagine. She was so worried people would think she was trashy for not having all four hubcaps. We probably lost it when we went off roading to dodge a car.


We surprised Molly at work. I think we were ready to be out of the car.

What a great sight to see after 10 hours in the car. Molly's house!

Besides the beach St. Augustine was probably my favorite place we went. I thought it had lots of charm. Please excuse us we were sweltering in the Florida heat, still sandy from the beach, and on a search for yard flags, and fudge.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers