Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hunka Hunka Burning Cake?


No...That's not right is it? I paid tribute to Elvis for one Megan Henry yesterday. I posted it was her birthday, and that crazy girl LOVES Elvis. She has since she was little. When I babysat as a kid I had to watch Elvis movies, I once decorated their Christmas tree to Elvis music. I would love to tell you it was a phase....oh no it may be a life obsession for my girl. She loves the king and everything about his life, even the cheesy memorabilia. She has been bugging me for weeks to make an Elvis cake...I really don't do people. Basically, I make cakes like I like to make. Funny you would think nobody would buy a cake like that, but ask Connie Buse-she does wedding cakes all the time-her way, not the bride's way. I LIKE IT! So I broke this time she wanted Elvis I was able to give her a caricature of him. Do I think the King would approve? Don't really care I probably wouldn't do a cake his way anyway...he might just get squiggles like everybody else does. :P

2 comments:

Connie said...

What a cute cake!! I know Meagan loved it!!
Let me tell you that anywhere we go, and people find out we're from the Tupelo area,(You know I can get a bit chatty!) they immediately start asking about Elvis!! I don't think Elvis's popularity if fading one bit! I don't know if you read on my blog that Wyatt Water's did a very neat painting at the Link Centre Fund Raiser that focused on Elvis. Waters was there with Chef Robert St. John for a cooking demonstration. Thus, Waters themed his picture around food by paying tribute to Elvis's love of Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches. The watercolor featured one of those cheesy Elvis statues, a bunch of bananas and a jar of Jif! He entitled it, "Fit for a King." Don't you just love it?!
Long live THE KING!!

Joy in the Midst said...

the young, the old, and the middle aged

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers