Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Twilight Freak Out


If you have been reading my blog over the summer you know about my attempt to read 20 books this summer. At the end of June I was holding strong with 10. I felt really good about my goal since I had picked up the Twilight Series. Those books read like a magazine. Very quickly I was going to add to my numbers. Well, well, well....that hasn't happened. Seven days into July I am holding strong at 10...still, I know what is up. Well, while Cullen and I headed to Huntsville this weekend I just knew I would get in some great reading on the road. The TRACE does not make for good car reading...much too curvy. So I knew we would be poolside and I would be reading away...much too chatty for that. I did manage to knock out another 100 or 150 pages, but I was still nowhere near finished, when on Saturday morning the unthinkable happened....

Here is a back story....I introduced our friend Megan to the Twilight series on Family Vacay. She was taken with it, and is now a book ahead of me.

Well, as I was cleaning the table after lunch she announces a pretty major part of the fourth book. I had a minor freak out moment. Others might not say it was minor. I screamed NOOOooooo, you ruined it! I literally found myself almost in tears... looking back I feel kinda silly it is just a series of books for teens that I had invested money and time into reading 1500 pages into this summer. And a series that I found myself not reading as quickly so I could savor it knowing it would be over soon.

Since the freak out I have only picked my book up and read a chapter or two. I don't know if I will finish it, probably not seeing as how one of the pushes that made me want to read it has been revealed to me. Seeing my attachment to the books made me think twice before reading on.

Well I have done it, I have confessed my freak out moment over a series of books for teens. I feel better now! oh and I found the picture online...while at walmart a month ago I saw a mrs. cullen sticker on a girl's car, and thought it would be funny for me to have that being my husband's name is Cullen. In an effort to locate it online, I came across this. I thought it fit with the theme.

4 comments:

Wayne Carter said...

Have you heard of "The Shack" by William Paul Young? It's a paperback the author says is truth...but not real...like a parable.

Monkey Business said...

i love the twilight series...i am about to start book 3....i finished new moon in tupelo this weekend and i think my mom thinks i am crazy for reading about vampires!

Anonymous said...

Fe. I just was reading your blog and i noticed that your about me ended with "it might be a crazy life but it's our life" and i giggled. haha. What have you been doing with your monday nights since Jon and Kate went on hiatus/divorced.

Connie said...

The kids love the Twilight books!
I'll echo your dad. Last school year we started reading The Shack as a read aloud. (We've read hundreds of book together over the years! When you have kids, I know you'll do the same!! You'll never regret the time you invest reading aloud to a child! :) ) Anyway, The Shack had been highly recommended, so I started reading it to us. Logan decided he had outgrown reading with M.C. and me, about two chapters in. I kept thinking he'd rejoin us. Then the holiday rush hit, etc. and I've just never gotten back to it, but still thinking M.C. and I would finish it soon. I've also had to stop several people from revealing details about this book to me!! I'm sitting there saying, as nicely as possible - "I haven't finished the book yet. I'd love to talk with you about, when I finish it." They will stay keep talking about it!!! Anyway, M.C. order The Shack for her iPod the other day and announced that she was just going to finish it on her own. I guess I need to just finish reading my copy - by myself! We'll talk about when we've both finished reading it! ;)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers