Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Getting Sm"art"er

So I will go ahead and say that the smarter title I got from my super creative friend Connie Buse.

Here are some pictures from the last two days at the Whole Schools Intiative.

Yesterday Leslie, Maggie, and I ran into Karen Johnson, a great teacher from Pontotoc who teaches in Tupelo.
Today they asked for volunteers to sing, nobody stood up. They said they would give away prizes...I was up and ready to grab a marker microphone...I also distributed them to friends and walked away with two art prints and a pack of multicultural crayons. YAY!
I took a weaving class today and I can not wait to do this with my students next year. It was pretty easy and can be used so many different ways. I titled my piece "An Ocean of Ideas"


Can you see how happy we were weaving our pieces. Maybe the smiles were from knowin we were going to eat at the Union or the URNION---as Leslie calls it.



As we went to leave for dinner I realized that yarn was everywhere. This is where I found the last piece of yarn...yep I look like I am stealing supplies...I wasn't just went a little wild with the weaving... :)

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers