Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pop's Petting Zoo

I have mentioned before that my dad has been sick. Part of his illness is that his stomach fills with fluid periodically and he has to go and be drained. It isn't a pleasant process, but it is just part of his illness. Pops decided that today, my birthday, would be the day that he would set his appointment. I realize that it most likely never crossed his mind of what today was, but needless to say I had a lot going on and had to call in backups. My sister, Tonya, was planning on coming to town to see him so I asked her to take him and I would pick him up.

I took him home and once there was surprised to find three raccoons on his patio. When I was little we had raccoons as pets, along with some other wild animals, but I had to get my camera and get the little guys' pictures.






Then while I was taking their pictures I was able to snap a few more.


The animals have changed since I was little. At one time we had deer, a pond full of catfish, a porcupine, goats, chickens, ducks, too many dogs to name, and lots of other stray animals. All that was left at the petting zoo today was Duke, Pop's Great Dane, some random chickens and roosters, and a cockateel.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers