Friday, May 1, 2009

Boards on the Horizon

I am ready for summer. While I absolutely love teaching in Pontotoc, I am very ready for the summer. I have been super busy with the end of school. Trying to juggle end of the year events with the last few weeks of instruction is a struggle, any teacher will tell you that.
I have made the choice that I will begin my National Boards in the fall. It isn't that I really want to take on the extreme task of it, but I know that it is the next step in my bettering myself as a teacher. I have assembled a dream team to go through this with me, and together we will get through it. My dream team members are family, friends, and teaching partners who have both been through the process and/or are attempting it with me. I will continue to post updates throughout the process. Today I printed out the 125 pages of portfolio instructions, the 83 pages of standards, and some other good stuff. Please pray that I make it through this next year I know it will be a great way for me to contribute to our family as well as grow as a teacher.

1 comment:

Wayne Carter said...

While I am confident you'll make it through the certification process, there'll be times when you'll feel the task is overwhelming. When that happens, come back and read your entry of 5/01 and remember the enthusiasm you'll swear you've lost.

Uncle Wayne

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers