Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


This weekend not unlike last week was super busy. Friday night I had bunko and Cullen worked the baseball game. When I got home around 9:45 my house was full of excitement. My brother and Kathy brought Ellie to Pontotoc for the first time. I was beside myself. I love bunko, but I couldn't wait to leave Friday so I could hold the baby. Saturday I woke up and gave Ellie a bottle and Cullen and I got ready to make our trip to Cleveland to see Faren, his sister, graduate Nursing School at DSU. It was a long trip, but a very exciting time for Faren. Having never been to a college graduation besides my two at Ole Miss, I was surprised to see that every graduate walked in the same ceremony. After pictures were taken Cullen and I headed back home to see the baby. We did stop in Marigold to see Mr. Mcarty and pick up a few new things and then made our way home. Cullen was probably bored out of his mind but I was happy just to sit and watch Little Miss Ellie. Brett and Kathy went out for the first time since the baby was born and Mom, Cullen, and I were on baby patrol. We had a fun time just watching her play and coo at us. After they left on Sunday I dropped to the couch and slept for four hours. Cullen took a nap, too. And after talking to my mom I found out she crashed, too. At no point in time was Ellie restless or fussy. But not being used to a baby and being a little over protective (getting up every 15 minutes to watch her breath) made me absolutely exhausted.

1 comment:

McMillen Family said...

Aren't families great? It sounds like you and your family are close! My family is too. It is so much fun to be able to share your lives with others, even though this often leads to busy, busy weekends!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers