Friday, May 15, 2009

The Last Day


Today was the last real day of school. I guess I shouldn't say that..."we will be having school all next week-the doors will be open, but we will not take attendance" It was a sad day. I have never before felt this emotional about a class leaving. Don't get me wrong-I did NOT shed tears, but it was close. Had I attempted to read a book, or recite a poem, I would have most certainly teared up. I didn't and that was great. My kids this year were just wonderful. They loved art, they read well, and they loved each other. With the exception of about two times they got along, and looked out for one another. It was a great first year in a new district. This afternoon we sat and planned for next year and it was 4:30 before we left. That is unheard of on the last day of school...but time spent with good friends...lots of fun...

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers