Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Sewing






I made these cute shorts first thing this morning. They are so simple to make. I used a pattern... Next I attempted to alter the shorts pattern and give the legs a little more flare..in the process I decided to test my ruffle making skills....my mom was proud...I think these turned out okay.


From the websites mentioned below I was inspired to make this cute flower and pin it to a top. Also, simply extatic over my ruffle skills, I had to add one to this top.
After the children left yesterday we were able to let loose and hang out with fellow teachers, and then we got to business making plans for next year. We left school about 4:30 and Cullen was at home when I got there. While checking blogs I noticed a link on my friend Angela's blog...I think it was gillar girl...a very cute blog...from there I began randomly clicking from site to site looking at things that were interesting...most of them had to do with sewing. I found a site called katiedid...this girl lives in New York with her husband and three children in about 600 sq. ft. WOW...but what I was most intrigued by were the clothes she had made for her children. They were awesome but looking for patterns got me nowhere because she makes the patterns herself. I was floored...how on Earth am I able going to be able to do that??? Well with determination I attempted to do so today. This skirt is the attempt I made at not having a pattern and just creating something...At a best guess this is a size 3.
Is there a fashion design job in my future...no! But I did have lots of fun today trying some new things.

3 comments:

McMillen Family said...

How ambitious of you! I do a little sewing and no clothes. I do simple pillows and curtains. I am working on a blanket. You are an inspiration though!

Felicia said...

You're sweet. I only do children's clothes. I am too afraid to do anything else, with children's clothes you can't possibly waste that much fabric.

Angela said...

super cute...was that the blog with the girls in the dresses with the big stripes...i think there were three stripes on each dress! i LOVED the dress, and now i MUST have a girl!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers