Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fired Up

Here is the latest issue I'm fired up over...just get ready! Today while selling tickets for the Habitat for Humanity steak supper the previous owner of my house, Allison Caldwell, came up to me and said she'd been trying to get in touch with me. Curious as to why, I stood up and began talking with her.
Let's flashback to Spring Break. During spring break, our neighbors, which is a term I use loosely because we are the only house on the block, come to speak with us. These neighbors are the business next to us. They wanted to let us know they would be doing construction and turning a second floor window that over looks our side yard into a door and would add a stair case. As they told us what they were doing they let us know nicely that it was therr property and they wanted to be nice and keep us informed. Neither Cullen or I were happy about it because it greatly reduced our privacy but what can you do when it is not your property. It is pretty big and gaudy wooden staircase, but it is there.

Back to real time, the previous homeowner let me know quickly it was our property not theirs and they had misled us to believe that we had to let them do it. Well I am FIRED UP! I really am upset, I have been lied to. Well tomorrow I'll be getting our title and deed pulled to find out exactly where the line is. I know many of you are thinking I should have done this months ago, but you see I live in Pontotoc and people don't just lie to people like that or I didn't think they did. Hmph! You can't trust anybody. I will keep you posted to the happenings. While I was standing talking to the lady, the man that misled us was in line getting a plate. I didn't want to look at him. It could have been me but I think he was worried. He knew what we were talking about...or in my mind he did. Yeah he knows I'm coming after him....nobody should mess with a teacher who is in the last week of school and ready to be out for summer and doesn't want anything to stop her from complete relaxation.

2 comments:

Taylor, Kellie, Morgan, Millie, and Mary Phillips said...

I'm so glad you sent that message! Now I can keep up with you and the hubby. These blogs are simply addicting! Hope all is well!!

The Jones Family said...

Get'm girl!! Don't back down. Make him tear it down!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers